Thoughts on Flatline
· Adam’s Family Thing references (Doctor crawling with his hand out of the path of the train, handing her objects, pointing where she should go). Hilarious.
· I love the Doctor’s excitement over the discovery.
· His little “happy dance”.
· Edible pie, circular pie.
· Doctor snarkyness: You’re making me dizzy.Fluorescent puddingbrain, Barely sentient local, Doctor OF LIES. Then calling him local knowledge…not learning his name.
· 2DIS. The TwoDis. Oh, the Doctor loves his puns. J
· Love the wonky glasses. Very steampunk.
· His speech at the end. Wow…angry and sexy all at the same time. I got some unwholesome thoughts from his demeanor. And just think? This is him when he’s only a bit angry. What would happen..if say…Clara was taken or injured or killed?
· Doctor telling Clara she can leave stuff in the TARDIS. He also says “we” have acres of room. Not I. That is telling.
· Notice that the Doctor is a little jealous of Rigsy at first? Telling her to get rid of him “We’re better off without him” and saying sarcastically “oh he’s a bright one, hang on to him”.
· The Doctor calling Danny soldier boy and P.E. J
· He is upset that she lied to him, not Danny. He actually compliments her on a lie she tells Danny.
· Doctor/Clara banter/bickering throughout. I think I just picked the title because it makes me sound important. And the grin on Clara’s face when she’s needling him.
· The Doctor serving as a mentor, calling her Doctor Oswald.
· “Clara, you are stronger than you know.”
· Did you notice they used 12’s music for Clara??
· They are really Bonnie and Clyde in the TARDIS. I really don’t see this ending well for Clara.
· The Doctor is only disturbed at the end because she seems jazzed. He actually compliments her skills during the adventure. If she had been troubled by it as well, I think he’d be fine.
· Clara says she will lie to the group, give them hope. The Doctor says “so that is what I sound like?” He doesn’t look happy about it. She is reflecting his own darkness back to him.
· The Doctor has a deep well of self-hate surrounding the things he does. It was the reason he hated The Architect in Time Heist, why he loathes The Dream Lord (his dark side). I think he relies on companions to remind him to be good, to bring him to the light.
· So creepy. So very, very creepy. Especially the zombie shuffle. Eek.
· My Clara. Hmm…she must be the woman in the shop who gave Clara the Doctor’s number.
· If so…how did Missy get it…? Well, I think she might be a future regeneration of the Doctor. Maybe The Valeyard. She referred to him as “my boyfriend” in Deep Breath and referenced letting him keep the accent? She also has a Scottish accent. Just a wild theory.